WATER TREATMENT AND SYSTEM REMEDIATION
Building Services Professionals are usually aware of the need to establish maintenance regimes on the mechanical components of heating and chilled systems, but sometimes neglect the largest system component and the most key element of the heat transfer process – THE WATER!
The word ‘cleaning’ often suggests a ‘low tech’ requirement.
The opposite is true.
System and component knowledge, fluid dynamics, physics, chemistry, biology, safety and logistics all come into play, with experience possibly taking precedence.
Reassuringly, water chemistry and the processes of system contamination remains fairly constant, but development of renewable systems can throw up new challenges. For example, we are developing with the ongoing treatment of Solar Thermal in particular, due to the issues of ‘cracked’ Glycol within these systems.
Our expertise is also coupled with high quality reporting standards, and never more so than when completing Pre-Commission Cleaning and Disinfections to BSRIA BG29, BSI and Water Authority standards. Testing for NRB, SRB, and pseudomonads will often form part of the extensive quality validation that accompanies these projects.
Jordan Environmental can draw on the practical knowledge that comes from over 20 years of operation in this specialist Environmental Building Services sector, allowing us to assess and deliver credible, achievable and effective service solutions within our client’s buildings.
- Technical Condition Surveying, Analysis and Reporting
- Monitoring and Chemical Treatment Regimes (PPM)
- Pre-Commission Cleaning (BSRIA / CIBSE Standards)
- Pre-Commission Disinfection (BSI / Water Authority)
- Flushing and Chemical Cleaning of existing systems
- Chemical Cleaning of systems with use of Side Stream Filtration
- Acid de-scaling of boilers, heat exchangers & pipe-work
- Rainwater / Grey Water (Monitoring/Water Treatment/Servicing)
- Renewables / Solar Thermal etc
For a quick overview of what we do – take a look at our Summary of Services.
Also request TECHNICAL BULLETINS for more detailed information.